Sunday, September 14, 2014

Blended Background

I love every other Sunday and being a part of the Monday Montage Blog Hop.  Each of the artists in this group of hoppers is truly amazing.  Not just because they have stamp skills that are out of this world, but because they are happy, beautiful, and caring friends! 

I am in love with this card.  Mostly because the focal banner was so fun to create.  I started by stamping an image from the Mingle All the Way stamp set on Whisper White card stock with Momento Black Ink.  Then to create with blended background I used all three of the Old Olive Blendability markers to paint an ombre of color.  I scribbled the darkest color back and forth across the top of the image, then the medium marker over the middle, and last the lightest over the bottom.  It was super easy yet is massively effective.
Another great bit about this card is the printed card stock.  It's uber luscious and oh so yummy.  You can find it in the Holiday Catalog on page 5 and it's called Under the Tree.  Notice I said printed card stock and not paper.  That's right it is heavier weight and super fancy.

A few posts back I shared how to make rick rack with the Envelope Punch Board.  With that same technique I punched a piece of Old Olive card stock to tuck into the left side of the card.  I thought it added a bit of panache and style.  The last little detail I'll point out is the olive rhinestones.  Just a quick color of the Basic Rhinestones with the Blendabilities and you have colored jewels!
To Julie Warnick
From Dara Gloden


1 comment: