Sunday, July 28, 2013

I AM BACK!

I have been in the beautiful Sierra mountains serving as a young women leader at Camp Ritchie. The camp is set just above the Bear River Reservoir and is truly one of the most gorgeous places to be. The view by day is stunning and the show of stars by night is stellar.

I drove home yesterday and walked in the door, changed my clothes, and dashed off to work--no time for rest!  But today I have a few minutes to catch up on a bit of bloggin'. I have to say STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS! I will be showcasing some amazing swaps and I'll be part of the Artisan Finalists Blog Hop. 

For today I want to share my swap that I made for my upline's dinner party. She hosted a fabulous dinner at the Roof in the Joseph Smith Building. The food was yummy, but the conversation with sideline friends was priceless. At the end we all swap and I have to say "there were some gorgeous ridiculously perfect cards. I big thank you to Tami Waddell for being the BEST upline there is!
My swap card started with 4 1/4" x 11" Very Vanilla card base. I stamped the splatter with one of the images from Gorgeous Grunge and Daffodil Delight ink. Then I embossed the bottom 2/3 with the Chevron TIEF. I layered bits of Gingham Garden DSP over a Tea Lace Doily. The greeting on the mini flag is from Six Sided Sampler and Basic Rhinestones add splashes of glitz. I used the Hexagon punch, both sizes of Butterfly punches, and the Itty Bitty punch pack for all my shapes.

3 comments:

  1. I just love your stuff! You always amaze me with your beautiful art! This card is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos for you for taking the time to be a camp leader. You rock! This is a great card to use for those dsp scraps I create on a daily basis. I love the layering and how you added the sentiment. I look forward to the Artisan finalists blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliment! But I have the best DOWNLINE!

    ReplyDelete