Saturday, April 13, 2013

How to Create Perfect Paper Bows Tutorial

Want to make a perfect paper bow?  Keep reading for a step-by-step tutorial complete with photos.

It's the end of Week 2 at Card "Create"tions over at Create with Connie and Mary which means each of the designers are sharing a trinkety favor type goodie.  This past week we featured celebration themed stamp sets from Stampin' Up!  My stamp set for this week was Patterned Party.  I made a suite of cards (seen in the subscription series) and my dressed up treat perfect for spring and summer.  My box of blowpops has been wrapped up with Floral District DSP paper bow and a simple tag stamped with images from Patterned Party.


Cut (4) ovals any size from designer paper or card stock.
I used the smallest of the Oval Framelits set.
Hold (2) of the ovals together and "fishtail" the ends with any size square punch.
Use a bone folder to curl (2) ovals.
Use mini glue dots to adhere the ends of each oval in half being sure not to
crease and flatten the curled oval.  These will make your bow loops.
 
Use mini glue dots to adhere each of the bow loops to a "fishtailed" oval.
Assemble the (2) sides on your project and add a button, brad,
or flower to the center to look like the knot.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tutorial Elizabeth! So cute and easy. (I pinned it). I miss coming to your Thursday card classes. I'll be back eventually!
    Julie @ The Crafty Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable way to present your favor with the cute tag, DSP ribbons and bow! Thanks for the tutorial; love the look of your bow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea for your bow Elizabeth, how clever are you!

    ReplyDelete