Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Saturday Challenge

It is Saturday today and that means it's time for a challenge over at Create with Connie and Mary.  Click right here and see more cards featuring this layout and then enter your own card too.


My card is a bit twisted and cuckoo, but that works perfect for Halloween.  Back when I was a kid we had these extra large cardboard skeletons with hinged limbs.  You could pose the skeleton in all kinds of contortions.  I thought I was so clever to put one hand on his head and one on his hip.  With that in mind I decided to emboss the skeleton from the Piece of Poison stamp set, cut it out, and then chop it up and amputate it.  I used mini brads (which are ultra mini) to hinge and put him all back together so I could pose the skeleton to show off the "trick or treat" banner.

One thing I like to do with Halloween stuff is to add cobwebs.  To do this I get my hot glue gun ready, squirt glue on a grubby sponge, pounce a second old sponge on top and back and forth, then pull the sponges apart to create "spidery" webs.  Wrap and stretch them across your card!


Don't forget to check out more Halloween cards at Create with Connie and Mary.

***********
Stampin' Supplies

Stamps: Piece of Poison

Ink: Versamark

Papers: Basic Gray, Wild Wasabi, & Very Vanilla Cardstocks,  Pick Your Poison DSP, and Pick Your Poison Quick Accents

Accessories: Letterpress Plate, Sponges, Decorative Label Punch, Wild Wasabi & tangerine Tango Embossing Powders, Mini Brads, Basic Rhinestones

Other: Hot Glue Gun


Happy craftin, 



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday ebeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is amazing! I never thought to use glue for cobwebs. How neat is that!

    ReplyDelete