Sunday, July 20, 2014

Swaps for Convention

This past week has been a whirlwind of fun and friends!  I had the fabulous opportunity to travel to Salt Lake City and attend Inspire Create Share 2014, Stampin' Up!'s annual convention.  This was my 17th convention and I had quite the time, I even got my face painted.  It is always a great feeling when I get to reunite with far away friends from all over the country and Canada.  As a stamper at a stamping convention it only made sense to whip up a batch of cards and then swap with my stampin' friends.

On Thursday night, the Monday Montage group of extraordinary paper crafters gathered to swap.  Today's post is the card I made to swap with each of them.  For my swaps I decided to feature one of my favorite new stamp sets which is big News and teh Typeset DSP.  You may have seen a few posts back my quick and easy Envelope Punch Board zig zag edges tip.  It's a simple technique and another one of my favorites, so I decided to also include that in my swap.
I also love the new Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper.  That is what I used for the punched butterfly on my card.  I did give it a spritz of Calypso Coral reinker mixed with water to get the soft cantaloupe color.  Another detail I will point out is the added texture on the Typeset DSP layer.  I ran the paper through the Lovely Lace TIEF.  An addition of Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Basic Black Bakers Twine and Basic Rhinestones were the last touches I included to finish up my card.
from dara gloden
to julie warnick

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is WOW! This card has so many fabulous elements. I love all the shimmer on this card. And the black pops of color add so much class! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete