Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Blossoms 'Bout Gone

Today is Tuesday and that means it's time for another fabulous and fun challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  This week the HSS #115 challenge is to be inspired by SPRING.  Be inspired by the gorgeous blooming trees in this week's challenge logo.  I do have to say that for those of us who live in California there are but only a few trees here and there that have just a few blossoms left.  Blossoms begin to burst in late January and by early March the ground is covered with a dusting of beauty.
For this card I had a good time stamping and crafting for the sake of fun and the enjoyment of getting ink on my fingers and creating a totally unplanned project.  I let each step direct and inspire me for the next stamp and embellish to add to my card.  I started with a piece of DSP from the Tea Time Simply Scrappin' kit on which I stamped and embossed the tree from the Forever Young stamp set.  Then I sponged Blushing Bride, Lucky Limeade, and Soft Suede ink all over the DSP panel.  My next step was to stamp the flourish from Creative Elements with Early Espresso ink.  I used a white gel pen to scribble in a little highlight color and then quickly blotted my scribbles with me finger tip to soften the look.
To give the card some great texture I added some "ribbon frosting" which I first cut and frayed the top long edge.  Then I used Mine Glue Dots to adhere the smallest Paper Daisies to the tree top and then I put a tiny Basic Pearl in the center of each flower.  A quick greeting from the Petite Pairs stamp set and a Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine shoestring bow finish out the card.  The DSP panel is layered on River Rock and the card panel is textured Early Espresso card stock.
Now it is your turn to stamp a little something inspired by SPRING and then add it to the Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge for this week!


Happy challenge stampin', Elizabeth

p.s. I have to share this photo I took of Baxter, my very adorable Mini Schnauzer.  He had been outside licking rain puddles and came to the door with a beard full of blossoms.  He really, REALLY, needs a furcut and bath!

10 comments:

  1. I'm so in love with the team's projects this week...but this is my favorite! ...and to hear you created as you go-JEALOUS! I love how you inked up the DSP, and the white layers beautifully on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True Love!!! I love your beautiful, inky, artsy card! All your stamping is really well done, and I love how the ribbon treatment "gathered" the whole card together. We need a virtual stamp day, us inky stampers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just breathtaking Elizabeth...your soft colors and white hues bring a very vintage feel to your beautiful Spring card. Love the rushing of your ribbon and how you used those tiny white flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps. Baxter is too stinkin' cute! His flower beard made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving your card. Those flowers are adorable. There are lots of elements to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, your little doggie is so stinking cute!! Looks like he wanted to get crafty, too, bringing in some nature. :) LOVE this card....seriously should be on a mantle somewhere. With all of the detail, I bet it looks even more awesome in person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW just Beautiful!!! The color combo is so pretty- just love it!!! So many beautiful accents and texture!!! Great Spring Card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elizabeth, this card is so soft and pretty. Love how you made that paper softer with the sponging and the embossed image is gorgeous! Welcome to HSS, we are so lucky to have you join us:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your shabby chic style and it was perfect for this card! So soft and spring-like! And I love the bearded fellow, lol! How cute!!! Mine is a short hair breed so usually what I find is a dimensional on her nose when she sniffs around my studio, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card should definitely be framed. (ANd hanging in my house.).

    Oh, sweet Baxter! Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete