Saturday, September 9, 2023

Artisan Post #13 - Abundant Beauty Masks


This is the time of year to design and create hand crafted gifts to be ready for the upcoming holiday season. This keepsake box is filled with a stack of stamped and stenciled notecards and envelopes and is perfect for gift giving.

Included with the Kraft Notecards and Envelopes is a fantastic box! It easily fits six to ten or twelve fully designed notecards and envelopes. I’ve decorated my box with the Abundant Beauty Decorative Masks and Soft Shimmer 12”x 12” Paper. A belly band secures the box closed and the star of the band is a three dimensional stenciled flower.


Blending Brushes are perfect for stenciling. When stenciling use ink sparingly and layer colors of ink for more depth and interest. I created my three dimensional flower by layering six stenciled flowers. I used three large, one medium, and two small flowers. I fussy cut each flower and some of the flowers I cut off the partial petals. To create more dimension I clipped between each petal to the flower center and then used a Bone Folder to curl the petals.


When the belly band is removed from the box there is a hidden surprise layer of decor.


Before folding the box lid I added stenciling to the liner section for added decor.


To give the notecards a cohesive feel I included stamping, stenciling, twine, gems, and Wink of Stella for each design. Each envelope is stenciled to match the notecards. I doubled up on each design to fill the box.







1 comment: