Tuesday, November 24, 2020

A Sketch to Try


The sketch above is one to try out that I think you'll enjoy.  It has been designed by Hand Stamped Sentiments and you too can play along and link up with us.

I grabbed two stamp sets and one pack of dies to put this spunky Christmas card together.  I used Snowman Season and Peace and Joy to stamp and main image and the greeting.  For the word "bright" I used the Joy Dies, which I have to say are the dang cutest dies.


To help set a snowy scene I included a piece of Trimming the Town Designer Series Paper which is mounted on a Misty Moonlight card base.  If you take a close look I stamped the snowman image twice.  Once in Misty Moonlight and again in Memento Black.  I colored the black stamped snowman with Magenta Madness and Seaside Spray Stampin' Blends and then fussy cut it out.  I mounted the cut snowman directly over the blue to give some dimension.  I love all the Irridecent Snowflakes and the flurry that encircles the scene.

I mentioned I used the Joy Dies to cut out the two layers of the word "bright."  The bottom layer is Magenta Madness and is embossed with Tasteful Textures.  The thinner detail layer is Basic Black Glimmer Paper.  The "and happy Christmas" is Memento Ink on Seaside Spray cardstock and the long shoestring bow is the twine from the Flowers for Every Season Combo Pack.





No comments:

Post a Comment