Thursday, September 24, 2020

Hello Pumpkin, A Paper Pumpkin Thing


Oh it's so fun to have you here for a short visit.  I do believe you will enjoy our A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop showcasing the Hello Pumpkin September Kit.


I have created a bundle of goodie packages and cards using elements from this month's kit.  


This fist bag style box used two of the crackers and two 2 1/2" circles.  With a couple easy cuts this goodie bag forms with ease.




Step 1.  Cut two of the crackers as shown in photo #1 and two 2 1/2" circles from Whisper White or Pumpkin Pie Cardstock.
Step 2.  Adhere the two crackers together as shown in photo #2.
Step 3.  Bring one end around and adhere it to form a tube.  Fold all the tabs inward.
Step 4.  Tuck one circle inside the tube.  Adhere the tabs to the circle.  Adhere the second circle to cover the tabs.
Step 5.  Alternate the folds of the top to form a star.
Step 6.  Tie the folds with twine to secure the bag box folds.


This cracker is double the size.  It's so simple to make.  Take two crackers and glue them end to end. Form them as you would a single sized cracker.  Since it's tricky to completely close the ends I used a 2" circle to keep the candy in the cracker.


I made several cards with pieces from the kit so I thought I'd give you a peek.  For a couple I used one of the crackers as a stencil to sponge in a diamond pattern.


For an added bit of embellishment I tucked a piece of the cracker I had cut off from another project along the right edge.  I used a Cajun Craze Stampin' Blend to custom color Basic Rhinestones that emphasize the scallops.




I do have a few more projects made with this kit.  If you're interested, come back tomorrow to check in and see them.  

This kit was filled to the max with a ton of stuff.  I still have lots and lots of pieces left to make more goody packages so, I think I will pop through the hop to get more ideas!  Next up is the fabulous Melissa Davies and you're going to love what she has to share.  Enjoy and as always "happy stampin'" and see you next month.














5 comments:

  1. These are fantastic! Love the double size treat holder. And using a piece as a stencil is pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cards. I am going to case your blue card for my niece who has an autistic child. thank you so much for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your projects and the hop tip to use the cracker for a stencil! I am going to keep one of those with my other SU stencils!!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I love your great choices for the paper pumpkin! My sister & I are both hobbyists in Stampin Up, & we are totally disagreeing the color ink you used on the witch's hat!! Please tell me what color you used so we can resolve our disagreement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For Shelly, the witches hat is colored with Pretty Peacock Stampin' Blends

    ReplyDelete