Sunday, June 7, 2020

Creation Station Stamps for Men

 

Our Creation Station Blog Hop theme this month is titled "A Man After My Own Heart."  In other words we have been challenged to stamp manly, masculine, studly, rugged, robust, brawny styled cards.  Our team lives all around the globe.  I live in San Jose California and it's almost time to celebrate fathers, so for me this hop times perfectly to design for the dads in my life.  I have made three cards.  One for a dad, a granddad, and a new dad in the making.



With a few die sets and the Rooted in Nature Stamp Set I have designed three cards, two of which are in warm brown and blue tones and the third is splashed with bright pink.  Are you wondering why? 


Coming this October Baby Price is due!  And, IT'S A GIRL!!

When I found out earlier this week that the baby is a girl all I wanted to do was to go shopping for Barbies!  I should mention this is Baby Price the Next Generation; my oldest son is going to be a dad!


I know this is a card for my son, but I couldn't resist adding pink touches including a big pink and white twine bow.  At least I refrained from pulling out the glitter.


For all three cards I used a Stamparatus to ink and reink/overstamp the images with layers of color.  Then I fussy cut them out to get a real close cut.

The die sets I used include Stitched Shapes, Word Wishes, and Rectangle Stitched.  A few other supplies I pulled out for these three cards were the Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder, 2020-2022 In Color 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper, 2020-2022 In Color Enamel Dots, and Linen Thread.  My colors for these cards are Cinnamon Cider, Misty Moonlight, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, and a bit of Melon Mambo.



Our next Creation Station Design Team member to share her masculine styled project is the wonderful Vicki Boucher.  


4 comments:

  1. Exciting news and congratulations! I'm loving the touch of pink and of course all of your cards are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Grandma! I hope she will live closer to you than my Easton is to me. Love each of these cards--so nice with the Rooted in Nature images. The pink is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrat! - are you going to be Grammie, Mimi or something else? Very exciting for your family - new Uncles, Poppy or Pop-Pop or grandpa.
    Love these cards for fathers day.

    ReplyDelete