Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Hand Stamped Sentiments Inspiration



This floral themed style board not only inspired my citrusy color palette, but it also inspired my bright white and yellow daisies.  If you click over to Hand Stamped Sentiments you can see the entire Team's take on this early summer inspiration challenge.

Using stamps from this month's A Kit In Color I made an unconventional rainbow to peek through some fancy daisy clouds.  You heard that right, daisy clouds!  Aren't they fun?  The daisy petals were punched using two different sized Daisy Punches and the fuzzy Pineapple Punch centers were cut using the Poppy Monents Dies.


Another set of dies I used were the Rectangle Stitched Dies.  I framed the white embossed greeting with one of the smaller dies that seemed to perfectly fit the image.  For the Flirty Flamingo frame I used two dies which I aligned just right and then cut at the same time.  And, I even used one of the dies to make my photo corner.  To make the corner I cut it the same way as a frame and then I placed the die on a 45 degree angle and ran it through a second time to cut the diagonal side.  

I love the softness and simple blending of the rainbow.  To get that effect I stamped and then stamped repeatedly without reinking.  I just barely moved the image and stamped again and again until I had stamped off all the ink.  I did this same process with each color.  Speaking of color, I used Flirty Flamingo, Pineapple Punch, and Granny Apple.





4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card and that effect on the rainbow worked really well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is one of the happiest cards I've ever seen! I love every bit of it!!!! You are so talented Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, your rainbow and daisy clouds are perfect for brightening anyone's day. I'm going to have to try to make the corner frames. So clever of you! Thanks for sharing your talent at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete