Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Hand Stamped Sentiments Wintertime?


It's inspiration challenge time for all of us over at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  Guess what...this wintertime theme was a hard sell for me, it just doesn't fit for me and my mindset.  Why..?  


Because Christmas is over.  Sad, but true.  It's all put away and I just can't get into the thought of snow, snowmen, or snowflakes after the holidays.  My mind just shuts it down.

It may be because I live where it hasn't snowed since 1976.  That year I was in elementary school and it took my best friend and I over two hours to walk to school.  You see we gleefully played on each neighbors' lawn until their snow was "used up."  That same day at 3:00 o'clock when the bell rang we ran out of class to walk home only to find no trace of snow.  We were crushed!  "He'll be back again someday" is bogus.  I've been waiting for 43 years.

Now, I do go to the snow every now and again, in fact I just returned from a chilly winter vacation to Sun Valley Idaho, but on a whole wintertime to me is cooler weather and occasional rain.  So, to meet this challenge my way I went with a palette of cooler tones and nature.  


I grabbed a bunch of things for this card:

  • Rooted in Nature Stamp Set and Dies
  • Rectangle Stitched Dies
  • Stitched So Sweetly Dies
  • Snow Globe Dies
  • Country Club Designer Series Paper and Twine Combo Pack
  • Basket Weave 3D Embossing Folder
  • Night of Navy Ink and Cardstock
  • Early Espresso Cardstock
  • Old Olive Cardstock
  • Whisper White Cardstock
  • Seaside Spray Cardstock
  • Soft Suede Cardstock
  • Noble Peacock Foil
  • Wink of Stella


(This sob story of a post is dedicated to my childhood best friend Jennifer Buck.  Jennifer if you are out there I can still be found on El Paseo Dr.)

1 comment:

  1. I came across your card and love it! However, I’m a bit confused. You said you used early espresso cs, where? The only brown I see is the stamped tree ring. The beats are stamped with blue ink, yes? That’s what it looks like. Sorry, had to ask because it’s making me crazy. 🤪

    ReplyDelete