Welcome everyone to Janiary's A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop. This month's I'll Bee Yours kit is timed with precision for making lots of Valentine specialty treat bags and 3" square notecards.
As an alternate use for the treat bags you can score and fold them into what I am called "triangle treat bags." That's right with two simple scorelines and some easy folding you can convert the flat bags into 3-dimensional triangle pouches.
To convert the bags to a triangle pouch:
- Cut off the top scallop edge and mark the center of top opening side.
- Score LIGHTLY from the center mark to the bottom corners on each side as shown in the photo above.
- Fold backward on the scorelines as shown in photo #1.
- Fold forward on the scorelines as shown in photo #2.
- Open the bag and form the pouch.
For another use of the treat bags layer and lash several together to make a personalized mini-album Valentine for that special someone. I stacked three bags and tied them with the White Baker's Twine from the kit. Because the tie felt a tad loose I bulked the twine with Mint Macaron 1/4" Textile Ribbon to make the mini-album more secure. Along with the ribbon the only non kit items I grabbed to for this project were Black Memento and Highland Heather Ink Pads.