Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Hand Stamped Sentiments Color Challenge


These colors, hosted by Hand Stamped Sentiments, sing to my stampin' soul!  I think it's the Pretty Peacock that makes me so happy.  It's a color that mixes with so many other hues--it's magic.


With this color challenge in mind I thought I would pull out a stamp set that hadn't seen ink in quite some time.  For me that would be the Painted Harvest set which I knew would be perfect for what I had in mind for this color combo.  

To achieve the look for the sunflower I did lots of test stampin'.  I tried stamping Grapefruit Grove as the first step/layer of petals with Terracotta Tile on top as the second step, but that was too harsh.  After several other attempts I finally decided on stamping off the Terracotta Tile for the first layer of flower petals and then full strength for the second.  The leaves are Mint Macaron and stamped off Pretty Peacock.


The gingham pattern paper comes from the 2019-2021 In Color Pack and it's edged with a piece of Lace Trim.  I couldn't leave Grapefruit Grove out of the mix here since it is a challenge color.  I grabbed my Stampin' Write Marker in that color and splattered light flecks all over the finished focal layer.  I love those types of little details.  It makes the crisp white layer seem not so stark.


4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful variety of colors you've achieved by stamping off here and there....really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! That bit of lace trim along the left edge are the kinds of little details I adore in your cards. This color combination is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the whole card. I would not have tried to put the mint macaron and pretty peacock together but love the look and want to try it on cactus/succulents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth, I too love this stamp set and you did a beautiful job of stamping the flower. You're use of the lace is stunning and the splatters Grapefruit Grove is genius. Thank you for sharing your creativity with Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete