Friday, August 30, 2019

#TGIF227 Embossing Powders

Do you remember the very first time you used embossing powder and a heat tool?  I remember it was magic and it blew my mind how simple it was to get such an impressive look.  Our challenge this week at #TGIF227 is one that all you have to do is use embossing powder.



For this card I busted out the Shimmer Black Embossing Powder for the magnolia flowers and the classic Whisper White Embossing Powder for the greeting.  The new shimmer powder is so much fun and creates a textural gorgeous look.


To allow the embossing powder to star in this show I kept the color palette to a washed out minimal look of black, white, grey, and mint.  I stamped on Gray Granite and Basic Black with Versamark Ink.  Once I embossed and die cut the flowers I painted them with an Aquapainter using Whisper White and Mint Macaron Inks.

Take a close look at the image below and you will see the flecks of iridescent glitter in the black embossed images.  The shoestring bow tied around the card and through the tag is a thinned out piece of mint Natures Poem Twine.


1 comment:

  1. This is amazing!! I LOVE your layering and the addition of the twine.

    ReplyDelete