Thursday, August 29, 2019

Fancy Friday is For the Men



Today marks the day for another Fancy Friday Blog Hop.  This Team of "fancy friends" is a gathering of past and current Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Members who have created great friendships all while stampin'.  For this hop there are 11 stops which you are going to love as we focus on men of all ages and stamp up all things masculine.


To start, I grabbed some manly colors so I could paint a cool watercolor background.  I used Pretty Peacock and Shaded Spruce with an Aquapainter to swoosh (my fast way of watercoloring) a blend of color on a panel of Shimmer White Cardstock.  When the paint was completely dry I stamped the multiple tree image from the Winter Woods Stamp Set using Early Espresso Ink.

My painted and stamped scene was exactly what I was envisioning for my brown bear, cut from the Snow Globe Dies found in the Holiday Catalog.  For this fuzzy bear I broke down the fibers of a small piece of Early Espresso Cardstock with a bone folder so I could separate paper into two layers.  Once separated I cut one fuzzy bear and then layered it on two more die cut bears for a bit more visual weight.

For the greeting I used a Stamparatus to get the exact placement I wanted and to add layers of ink for a deeper intensity of color.  If you look close the colors are subtle blend of Pretty Peacock and Early Espresso.  I simple knot tie of Linen Thread is the only embellishment I chose to include unless you want to count the ink splatters which I got by flicking a Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Marker.


I sure have enjoyed sharing my spin on a more masculine styled card for you.  Your next stop along this month's Fancy Friday Blog Hop is with the adorable and WAY amazing stamper, Paula Dobson.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and I love the watercolor effect. Would you please tell me what stamp set the bear is from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is STUNNING! I didn't think I needed that little bear or the set - silly me, this is truly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the watercolor background! So beautiful

    ReplyDelete