Friday, April 12, 2019

#TGIF207 A Sketch with a Flourish

This is a totally cool sketch designed by #TGIF and it's for anybody wanting to play along with our challenge this week.  There are so many directions you could take this layout, but right off the bat I knew what I wanted to do.



I knew I wanted to copy the floral portion of the sketch by using the largest die from the Flourish Thinlits Dies.  I cut the die from Black Foil Paper and it gave it major fits!  I did not want to come out of the die but with a bit of patience I finally got the entire piece free from the metal.  Once I had my focal point I tried different papers and landed with the Tropical Chic DSP to develop the balance of the sketch.


The blush panel and the two greeting layers were cut with the Rectangle Stitched Framelits.   If you look close you will see I used the Subtle TIEF to add a little texture.  For the sentiments I used images from the Rooted in Nature Stamp Set.


1 comment: