Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Hand Stamped Sentiments Bike Ride Birthday


Today's inspiration board lends to a variety of spirited spring time themes.  Join us over at Hand Stamped Sentiments to stamp a project of whatever you like, just be motivated by the board below. When you're done don't forget to link it up on our website.


All the pink, chartreuse, and aqua colors definitely grabbed my attention as well as the blossoms. Then as I looked again the bicycle popped out and I knew I had to break out my old favorite of mine, the Bike Ride Stamp Set and matching Build a Bike Framelits.

For my background I used a sponge brayer to create an ombre of intense deep pink tones.  My colors blend from Melon Mambo through Lovely Lipstick to Fresh Fig.  To create a multi-tonal ombre of color that includes depth of color value I started by adding the lightest color to the entire base piece of Whisper White cardstock.  The Lovely Lipstick ink was added to the middle and top of my cardstock with a full coverage and then I lightly added a bit to the bottom just to blend the colors and not have any visible lines of ink.  For the top I added the Fresh Fig much heavier than I did to the middle being sure to blend.  This process takes a few minutes to get a smooth finished look.


I have enjoyed using the Well Written Thinlits.  For this card I cut the "birthday wishes" from Black Foil Paper.  I love how it looks like patent leather.  Included in the Build a Bike Framelits is the banner piece.  My banners are Blushing Bride, Pool Party, and Lemon Lime Twist to match my ink colors for the bike and basket.



No comments:

Post a Comment