Friday, January 18, 2019

#TGIIF195

Welcome to today's design challenge.  Over at #TGIF195 is all about Disney.  We get to make anything we want, it can go in any direction, we just need to have been inspired by something Disney.  I thought I would go simple and cut out the iconic Mickey ears using the Layering Circles Framelits and the Large Letters Framelits.



I started my Disney inspired card with a Lemon Lime Twist card base with a top fold.  Next I cut a piece of the Botanical Butterfly DSP wide enough to cover my entire card but not as tall.  I took that piece of black and white DSP to my Big Shot to cut "L, V, and E" being sure to leave a gap for the Mickey ears.  Next I used one of the smallest circles from the Layering Circles Dies to cut out Mickey's head.  To get the ears I had to get creative because none of the framelits were small enough.  So, I used the dot from the exclamation point in the Large Letters Framelits Dies.  In order to not cut the entire exclamation point and only what I needed I set my top plate only on the portion I needed.


The adorable greeting comes from the Sunny Days Stamp Set.  I stamped it with Basic Black Archival Ink and then added Lemon Lime Twist Ink with an Aquapainter in the bubbles of the letters.  I did the same thing with the fussy cut flowers, which also comes from the Sunny Days Set, I also added some quick swooshes of Real Red Ink.  To cut the greeting I used one of the Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies.

1 comment:

  1. The design and idea for this card is so adorable and creative!!! Love the Mickey silhouette you created and that greeting is just perfect for the Disney theme!!!

    ReplyDelete