Sunday, November 18, 2018

Monday Montage



Welcome stamp friends from all over, near and far, where ever you may be I say to you "hello and thanks for stopping by our Monday Montage Blog Hop."  I thought it would be fun to share a swap I made for the recent Onstage event held in Orlando Florida.  I had the fanfreakintastic chance to trade cards with the members of the Artisan Design Team who were present at Onstage.  And what a swap it was.  Each card or gift was a delight to the eye and sweet to my heart.


I was in four organized swaps at Onstage and each was super, but this one had no rules--what a blast! With no restrictions I set out to just make something pretty and something totally me.

I started with the Joyous Noel DSP.  I was going to include it on my card so I grabbed coordinating cardstock colors and accessories then I grabbed my favorite stamps and dies which are the Merry Christmas Thinlits and the Pretty Pines Thinlits.  As I got to work I didn't end up using any of the stunning Joyous Noel paper.  Then I had a thought and that was to use the Envelope Punch Board to create a wrap for each card.


I tied each card wrapper with a Merry Merlot and Copper 5/8" Reversible Ribbon bow and then personalized each with a hand stamped tag.  The names were stamped out using the Make a Difference Stamp Set and Tranquil Tide Ink and then I used Cajun Craze and Merry Merlot Stampin' Write Markers to ink up the "dear friend" image from the Best Type Stamp Set.  Finishing off each tag is on of the Snowflake Trinkets and a bit of Garden Green Bakers Twine.


I based my swaps on Tranquil Tide cardstock with a top fold orientation.  I then layered another panel of Tranquil Tide which is embossed with the Seasonal Wreath Dynamic TIEF.  Before I ran the folder through the Big Shot I preinked the top side with Tranquil Tide and Mossy Meadow Inks.  I am not quite sure why I haven't seen more online with this folder as it is spectacular.


The focal for my card is a layered bouquet of pine, berries, mistletoe, velvet pinecones, and some loose feathers.  I finished off the bouquet with a copper foil greeting cut from the Merry Christmas Thinlits.  The berry jewels are Basic Rhinestones colored with Rich Razzleberry and Cajun Craze Stampin' Blends.  The "Christmas Wishes" is stamped with Tranquil Tide and Mossy Meadow.


I am happy to have had you visit here today.  From here you're headed to Julie's blog, or if you're a bit spunky and you are traveling backwards you will be landing on Dani's blog.  Enjoy!

To Dani
To Julie
Monday Montage Hoppers
Amy O'Neill - Amy's Paper Crafts (skipping this week)
Melissa Stout - The Stamp Doc (skipping this week)

1 comment:

  1. Wow - stunning! And truly unique! Anybody who receives one of your creations is very lucky :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete