Saturday, October 27, 2018

Stampin' Creative Favorite of the Season Blog Hop


What a total thrill and honor it is to be a guest blogger with the Stampin' Creative Design Team.  I would like to give them a shout out to say "thanks to her for this fun opportunity."  Their theme for this month's hop is "Favorite of the Season" and I have lots of favorites at this time of year.


For this season of holiday crafting one of my most loved product is the White Velvet Paper from the Snowfall Showcase.  Wowzers, the paper is beautiful as well as versatile.  I love to brayer it with color and emboss it.  For this card I used the Sponge Brayer to add an ombre of Coastal Cabana and Melon Mambo Ink.  Next, I used the Tufted Dynamic TIEF to add some depth; this step brings the velvet to life and you can really see all the soft fuzziness of the paper.


My next two favorites right now I use equally, they are the Dashing Deer Thinlits Dies layered with the Merry Christmas Thinlits Dies.  For this bright themed card I was looking for some major contrast, so I cut the "holiday" from Black Foil Paper. 

For my last favorite of the season and any other season, even summer, I incorporated sparkle with die cuts of Silver Shimmer Paper.  But for me the star of this card's show is the red velvet leaping deer.  Yes, you have to try brayering a White Velvet Paper deer with any red shade of ink.  I used Poppy Parade and gave the deer a thorough covering and blending of ink to achieve a bright and absolutely perfect red velvet deer.


I have to give a shout out to the entire Stampin' Creative Design Team and a thank you to them all for this fun opportunity to stamp and share with them this month.  Many happy crafting moments to you all and a Merry Christmas this year.


3 comments:

  1. WOW-zer! just beautiful as always Elizabeth... how did I miss the Black Foil Paper? This really makes the sentiment pop. Also, I have to say that you can really see the velvet paper in this photo - which is no easy task!! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!!! I love your velvet deer, I'm giving that a try for sure and I love the ombre tufted backdrop too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning project. Just love how all the colours stand out vibrantly. xx

    ReplyDelete