Tuesday, October 9, 2018

HSS #300 It's Halloween


The spookiest and most spunky month has arrived, October is here, and it's time for Halloween!  Here is what I love most about making Halloween projects... You can stamp crocked, make smudges, crinkle edges and it all looks intentional, cool, and perfect.


Our latest challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments is all about a fall themed inspiration board.  You can see the board is filled with fall colors, textures, trees, and candy.  For my take on the challenge I decided to paint a piece of glossy cardstock with the bar code looking rubber stamp from the Tropical Chic Set and Mango Melody, Pumpkin Pie, and Cajun Craze inks to base some Halloween cutouts.


After I painted and blended my background I ran it through the Big Shot and the Swirls and Curls TIEF.  I cracked a bit here and there which I didn't plan, but it's one of those "unexpected happy additions" that makes creating for Halloween to fun and free.  All the die cuts on the card are from the September 2018 Paper Pumpkin Kit with one exception.  The Cajun Craze leaf on the Jack-o-lantern comes from the Beautiful Layers Framelits.


No comments:

Post a Comment