Sunday, September 2, 2018

Creation Station September Blog Hop


Power of the punch!
This is the theme for our Creation Station Blog Hop this month.  I grabbed two powerful punches to create these Dashing Deer Christmas cards.  One for whipping up colorful backgrounds and the other for perfectly framing a greeting.


With a bit of designer series paper and the Tailored Tag Punch you can create quick and effective backgrounds to perfectly set the tone for your cards.  I used the Dashing Along Host Promotion DSP and Thick Whisper White Cardstock mixed with the Dashing Deer Bundle.  But wait, that's not all.  I also incorporated greetings from the Christmas Pines Stamp Set.


My colors are totally inspired by the DSP.  I worked with Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Mint Macaron, and Gold Glimmer.  I found the Share What You Love Embellishment Kit had some perfect  things to go with my cards.  The green and white twine and the small labels added just a bit of umph to give the finishing touches I was looking for.

The card below includes a greeting which was punched out using the 2" Circle Punch.  Of all the punches circles are my most favorite.  Why?  Because hand cutting a clean circle is impossible!


How do you use your punches?  Next up is my friend from the Netherlands Linda Van Wely.  She has some seriously amazing stampin' skills and her spin on the power of the punch is awesome!

to Linda Van Wely


5 comments:

  1. Wow! Wow! Wow! Love these cards. I love the Tailored Tag punch for backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so much fun Elizabeth! Love the idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! These are just beautiful. Love the layering and detail. Fabulous projects x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your artistic flair with your punch designs, Liz. Gorgeous detailed Christmas cards. D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth, these cards are such a fabulous way to use designer paper! Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete