It's time for another color challenge over at #TGIF167. This challenge calls for using three summery citrus and acidic flavored colors timed just right for the warm month of July. We are mixing it up with Grapefruit Grove, Pineapple Punch, and Lemon Lime Twist.
For my take on the color challenge I decided to have a stamp play with the Blended Seasons Stamp Set and the Stitched Seasons Framelits Set. I stamped with Staz On Jet Black Ink and watercolored with an Aquapainter and ink from the three challenge colors. I chose to keep the palette clean and used lots of Grapefruit Grove, some Lemon Lime Twist, and just a hint of the Pineapple Punch.
Are you intrigued by the DSP? The awesome piece of paper is a bokeh print from the Petal Promenade pack of DSP. Another cool detail for the card is the stitching on the label. Did you notice that it is on the label and as a frame around the label? That is how these limited time offered framelits work so why not include the beautiful detail in your work.
Tips for this card:
- Stamp floral image from Blended Seasons on Shimmery White Cardstock and let dry.
- Squeeze ink pad lids to collect ink to watercolor floral images with an Aquapainter.
- Detail cut the floral images.
- Cut label, leaves, and floral details from the Stitched Seasons Framelits.
- Tie a piece of Metallic Ribbon around card.
- Add the cut pieces with Stampin' Dimensionals and Multi-purpose Glue.
Products Included for this Card
Blended Seasons Stamp Set | Stitched Seasons Framelits
Grapefruit Grove Cardstock | Whisper White Cardstock | Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock
Shimmery White Cardstock | Petal Promenade DSP
Grapefruit Grove Classic Ink Pad | Lemon Lime Twist Ink Pad | Pineapple Punch Ink Pad
Stazon Jet Black Ink Pad Aquapainter | Metallic Ribbon Combo Pack | Stampin' Dimensionals