Sunday, July 29, 2018

Blended Seasons for Monday Montage

Hello and welcome to all our Monday Montage stampin' friends!  For this hop I am sharing a light hearted "congratulations" card featuring the Blended Seasons Stamps, Framelits, and Watercolor Pencils Assortment #2.
When making a new card I often start with a piece of DSP and I let it inspire and guide me along as to what to do.  There is a design in the Petal Promenade pack that is a soft Petal Pink with bokeh spots that totally caught my eye and became the motivation for my color palette and a wedding card.  My colors include Highland Heather, Grey Granite, Whisper White, and Petal Pink.
I decided to show off the beautifully detailed Stitched Seasons Framelits by inlaying one of the label dies right in the middle of my card.  The BEST thing about these label dies is that they have a double stitching detail that splits the actual cutting blade so you get stitches on the label and what's left behind the window.

On the label I piled lots of greenery for a place to add a pair of wedding bells.  I work with brides everyday at work and lately they all say the same thing..."I want lots of greenery."  So in keeping with the trend, I have a "lots of greenery."  I colored the leaves with the Watercolor Asst. 2 set and fussy cut them.  Next I layered in some Dazzling Diamonds Shimmer Paper cut leaves to add sparkle and more visual interest.  The wedding bells were cut with the Stitched Seasons Framelits and then colored with the pencils and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.  Over the glitter I added a thin coating of Fine Tip Glue which gives a bit of a texture and shine.
Your next click along the hop will take you to Julie Warnick's Creating on the Run Blog.  Or, maybe you're flip back and heading to Dani Dziama.  Either direction I am sure you will enjoy some stampin' inspiration.  Smiles, Elizabeth

to Julie
to Dani

Monday Montage Hoppers


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card Elizabeth. I love all the layers you used and how you did the bell. I wasn't sure how to color the bell. Thank you! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete