Sunday, April 29, 2018

Monday Montage For the Birds

#MondayMontage #LilypadLake #Seeinginkspots
Hi and welcome to another fabulous installment of our Monday Montage Blog Hop.  For me this hop is "for the birds."  That's right, I am showing you cards made with the heron image from the Lilypad Lake Stamp Set.  All of these cards were made for the Las Vegas Onstage Event.  I think I was channeling my inner Golden Girl when I was making this batch of cards.  This would explain why they all have a bit of a Miami Florida circa 1980s style and color palette.
Ink colors for these two cards include:  Calypso Coral, Petal Pink, Powder Pink, Daffodil Delight, Soft Sky, Pear Pizzazz, Bermuda Bay, and Island Indigo along with Basic Black Archival Ink.
All the birds were watercolored with an Aquapainter and the "squeeze the lid" of the ink pads technique.
For this card I used the wavy line image to stamp a piece of cardstock with Soft Sky and Soft Suede. Next I ran the stamped piece through Big Shot using the wavy live framelit from Lakeside.  Then I layered a bunch of the herons which I didn't do a thing except stamp and cut with the Lakeside Framelits.  The congratulations banner is also cut with a piece from the Lakeside Framelits.
These next two cards have backgrounds painted with the wavy line image on Glossy White Cardstock.

Have you been inspired by these cards and the new Lilypad Lake and Lakeside Bundle?  It's a great set of products that are super versatile.  I've posted lots of cards featuring this set with still more to come.  Get ready now to hop over to Kaitlyn's blog to see what she has been whipping up.



3 comments:

  1. These are stunning!!! The best I have seen yet with this set, & I have been looking. I will be casing one of these for my May class.....I just haven't decided which one!!! There are so many beautiful choices!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth - I LOVE*** all of these cards. I like your other comment feel they are the best of the Lilypad Lake cards. Love all the use of color and texture plus the greeting banners and the twine. Can't wait to get my set put together. I'm sure my card club ladies will be making something similar to your cards at our June workshop. Thank you for so much amazing inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for giving me the useful blog. I think I need it! 
    ufabet

    ReplyDelete