Sunday, September 24, 2017

Layered Leaves Leftovers

For me this Monday Montage Blog Hop it's all about Layered Leaves leftovers.  There are a few very fancy pieces remaining once you finish the eight pillow boxes and eight notecards from the September Layered Leaves Paper Pumpkin Kit.  They are far to pretty to set aside or worse, toss out.  You have to put them to use being fabulous in work of (he)art.  It's kind of like an encore for this showstoppin' kit to make one last homage to the gorgeous elements.  (There could be a second encore since I haven't used the two extra gold leaves)
To the kit I added Early Espresso and a scrap of Cherry Cobbler Card Stocks, Gold Glimmer Paper, Lovely Words Thinlits, the new Leaf Punch, and leftover Paper Pumpkin sequins.
I had fun laying out the extra leaves on a panel of Early Espresso to make a one of a kind background.  What I really love are the tags hanging from a twig I picked up from my front yard.  I had just enough twine left to run it through the tags and suspend it from the twig.  A couple blobs of hot glue on each end is what I used to attach the twig to the card.  Of course this isn't a put in the mail kind of card, but I think it would make a gorgeous addition to a gift.  Just tuck the corner under the bow and your package is totally glammed up.

 

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Love the little tags & twig😊👏. Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! This is a fabulous idea......but one that would not easily be mailed!

    ReplyDelete