Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Hand Stamped Sentiments Colors for September

This Hand Stamped Sentiments color challenge is perfect for gourds!  Just ink up with So Saffron then stipple on some Always Artichoke and you have got great green realistic gourds.  Add a splash of Night of Navy to liven up the palette and there you have a unique approach to an autumn look.
On Thick Very Vanilla Card Stock I layered a panel of embossed Whisper White to create my card base.  I pre-inked the Hexagon Dynamic Embossing Folder with a hint of Always Artichoke ink to get the subtle definition.  My next layer is a Lots of Labels watercolored piece.

For the gourds I fully inked up using So Saffron then I used a stipple brush which I inked up with Always Artichoke ink.  Several years back Stampin' Up! carried the stipple brushes which I could not let go of.  If you don't have any stipple brushes use a sponge or dauber.  I had to stamp several gourds  to have the look I wanted.  Some had way too much green and others didn't have enough to look real or interesting.
Product List
Always Artichoke Stampin' Write Marker
Always Artichoke Stampin' Write Marker
[105113]
$3.50
Night Of Navy Stampin' Write Marker
Night Of Navy Stampin' Write Marker
[100069]
$3.50

No comments:

Post a Comment