Thursday, February 25, 2016

It's All About the Packaging

I love giving gifts, but even more I love wrapping them.  When packaged with a handmade flair the recipient knows how much you care about them.  This beauty of a gift is based on a Takeout Box and then banded with a custom designed handle/wrap of Birthday Bouquet DSP.
I cut (2) 3.5" x 10" strips of DSP for the belly band handle.  I glued the top 3" of the two pieces together and punched an oval hole to create the handle.  A tiny scrap of Tea Lace Doily is tucked in the very top end of the handle for a touch of added love.  Then the rest of the DSP is folded out to each direction and wrapped around the box and glued to itself on the bottom.  This way the band can be slipped off.  I used three ribbons to decorate the box, White Seam Binding, Pool Party Glitter Ribbon, and Bermuda Bay Stitched Ribbon.

For the tag I stamped on Shimmer White with Blushing Bride and then I layered a piece of Vellum Card Stock over top for a muted look.  To secure the vellum I used Silver Metallic Thread, not only is it pretty it's functional and made it so I didn't need to hide any glue.  To finish the tag I added a layer of Blushing Bride Card Stock and a Metallic Foil Doily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment