Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Gorgeous Fall Tones

Guess what?  It's raining in San Jose California!  You may think that is no big deal, but it is a very big deal.  For a VERY long time the weather forecast will include possible rain, but it never even clouds up.  And now since the middle of the night it has been pouring rain almost non-stop.  Why do a mention all of this?  Because, getting a good picture of today's Hand Stamped Sentiments challenge card is close to impossible.  It's too bad because this is a beauty in person.   Now don't get me wrong I am super grateful for the rain.
To start the card I created a watercolored background using the Woodgrain TIEF.  First I inked up the folder with Delightful Dijon, then Blackberry Bliss, and lastly Mossy Meadow.  Once inked up the way I liked I spritzed the folder with water to blend the colors.  After that I closed the folder with a piece of Crumb Cake card stock inside and then ran it through the Big Shot to emboss a colorful background.  Next, I added a beautiful piece of the Wintertime Vellum and then some fall elements.  I added a bit of washi tape, ribbon, crumpled leaves, a shadowed gold glimmer "thanks," some bakers twine, and a vellum greeting.  The stamped greeting comes from the Sweet Stack set.  I used markers to ink the image which allowed me to omit the last part of the stamp I didn't want to include.

2 comments:

  1. I love all the elements you combined here! So many beautiful layers. The sparkle is my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza! Your card is beautiful....if the pictures don't do it justice I can only imagine how gorgeous it is in person! I love that you added the "cracked" vellum overlay. ....it's just dazzling!

    ReplyDelete