Monday, June 8, 2015

Build a Bouquet

Somebody pinned a great card on Pinterest which I saw but was kicking myself for not pinning it.  I tried to recreate the card from memory.  When I saw the card I remembered the signs my boss used to make back in the 80s.  If you recall we didn't have computers to make fancy signs, so we would hand draw everything.  First we would scribble with highlighters and then we would use black Sharpies to outline and make the writing pop.  When I saw the card on Pinterest I thought of those good ol' days and how brilliant the card creator was/is.  If anyone knows who I could credit for this fun card and technique please let me know and I'll link it up.

I love the use of the large background image in the Build a Bouquet stamp set to give the card visual depth.  The layered images on top take front stage because of the outlining.  As a bit of added decor I included a punched Silver Foil flower and a Basic Rhinestone.  My colors for the card are Soft Sky, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Calypso Coral, Smokey Slate, and Jet Black Staz On.

1 comment:

  1. That card really caught my eye! Funny...I, too, made the signs for our store in the 80's and loved it! No wonder I love stamping so much. There was even a story on the news about the dying breed of handmade sign creators: http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/2016/01/08/grocery-store-sign-painter-exits-legacy-place/78531878/ Love your blog, Elizabeth ♥

    ReplyDelete