Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Big Egg

Welcome one and all to another fun Monday Montage Blog Hop.  Since blossoms are popping everywhere and Easter is two weeks away I am going to show off my take on a card that screams "SPRING!"  This Big Egg card is cheerful and bright and a tad bit out of my typical style, but I like it all the same.
I don't remember which came first, the embossed circles or the egg.  But, I do remember thinking this is an egg and nothing else so, I watercolored it to resemble an Easter egg.  A little Crushed Curry and Coastal Cabana ink picked up with an Aqua Painter and I had instant cuteness and still a definite egg.  I tucked the egg in a bed of grass, then I embellished it with flowers, and finished it off with a greeting and stamped Wooden Element banner.
From Dara
To Julie




9 comments:

  1. Wowza! I LOVE this idea. Thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word...your talent amazes me each and every time!!! What a fun idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I am totally making that egg!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my GOSH!!! How FREAKIN' adorable!!! LOVELOVELOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genius! I love the watercolored look, and the embossed polka dots are so fun and take this card to a new cute level. Love this, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beyond cute! The egg is adorable! such fun colors and details. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always do a great job Liz!

    ReplyDelete