Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Seriously Simple and So Stylin'

Sometimes the most simple cards can be the most stylin' and effective.  I love how this card whipped together and the ease of the layout and design.  I mean who says cards have to always be a complicated work of art?  Don't get me wrong, I love making detailed and uniquely designed cards, but sometimes the clean look can be so effective.

For this card I started with a Pistachio Pudding top fold card base.  To that I added a panel of Blushing Bride card stock in which I cut a thought bubble using the Word Bubbles Framelits.  On a scrap of Whisper White card stock I stamped the "love ya" greeting from the Just Sayin' stamp set with Stampin' Write Markers.  To give the card a dose of design I used Stampin' Dimensionals when assembling the stamped layer behind the Blushing Bride panel.  To finish the card I punched a Strawberry Slush heart from the new Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and then adding Dazzling Details for a splash of sparkle.  One last detail was to round the bottom corner with the new Project Life Corner Punch.

If you love the soft and summery colors of my card be sure to visit the Hand Stamped Sentiments blog for an array of designs crafted by the entire team.


No comments:

Post a Comment