Sunday, June 8, 2014

With Scraps on My Table

"Hooray for today" summer vacation has officially begun. Even though I am not in school I still feel that sense of freedom when Logan is finished with all his classes and projects. So, why not share a party styled card made with scraps on my table. I love these types of cards because they are unpredictable and always bring a smile and sense of accomplishment.
The colors for the flags were inspired by a sample in the new catalog on page 20. While not exactly the same the sample was the motivator for the sewn banners and the colors. Speaking of new catalog I was happy to see the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder be carried over from Sale-a-Bration. I think it blends perfectly with the Gold Sequin Trim and the Regal Designer Buttons. To go with the sequins and glimmer paper I used Gold Encore Ink to stamp the greeting from the Geometrical Stamp Set. To me nothing says "hooray" better than banners and sparkly stuff. 

I hope your summer is all about celebrating, visiting and relaxing with family and friends.  In the next few minutes visit some blogging friends and follow our Monday Montage Hop.  Julie is next on the hop so click on over and enjoy.
from dara gloden
to julie warnick


3 comments:

  1. You do amazing things with scraps, Elizabeth! Love the color combination, and I agree that summer vacation is definitely worth celebrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You amaze me each and every hop! Love this awesome "scrap" card!!! You have a way of making everything come together so perfectly with your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! I really like the pop of gold through the banner, sequin trim, and greeting.

    ReplyDelete