Saturday, August 10, 2013

2013 Artisan Finalist Project #1

Have you ever sat down to stamp for the fun of paper crafting and just let the process dictate what to stamp, cut, punch, or emboss next? For this card I had no plan what so ever. I had just pulled out the Creped Filter Paper and started making fringe and dying it hues of green, yellow, and turquoise. Next thing I knew I had made what looked like a Tinkerbell tutu. So, I went with it and continued to make a card for the fun a making a card all at the same time as paying homage to Pixie Hollow (for those of you who know me, I know you are totally blown away that I even know what Pixie Hollow is!). When I was finished with the card I thought it was a "one of a kind" and that maybe I should enter it as one of the submissions to Stampin' Up!'s Artisan Contest--so there I was one project down with nine more to go!
I have to say a little more about this card. As I was working on it I had added the small butterfly to the dress form as the corset bodice to finish the tutu. I couldn't figure out what looked a bit off. I left it alone for a while and then realized it was too flat, the dress form needed something (boobs) so a couple dimensionals, one on top of another on each side and it looked much better. At Convention when I saw this card on my display board I wanted to reach up and give the tutu a fluff, but I didn't want to be too obnoxious. 
  • Stamps – From Your Heart
  • Inks – Lucky Limeade, Summer Starfruit, Pool Party, and Island Indigo Stampin Write Markers, Crumb Cake Ink Pad
  • Paper – Tea for Two DSP, Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral and Ivory Naturals Card Stock, Crepe Filter Paper
  • Accessories – Dress Up Framelits, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Elegant Lines Folder, Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die, Lacy Brocade Folder, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Basic Rhinestones, Sycamore Street Ribbon Pack, Calypso Coral Bakers Twine
     
    I hope you enjoy our blog hop and that you check back tomorrow for another day of projects. Click the "next" button to visit Julie Warnick's blog and post or go "back" and see the fabulous Dara Gloden's project.
To Julie Warnick
From Dara Gloden

19 comments:

  1. Oh this is gorgeous! I love fairies and this says fairy to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I just lost the lovely detail of this while it was on the board. So glad for the close-ups!! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the butterflies with the dress form! This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Stunning; a beautiful creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful! I LOVE everything about it! Truly an amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the butterflies! Beautiful Card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many pretty Details! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty!!! I love the frilly tutu and your fancy butterfly top :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Over-the-top creative fantasy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tinkerbell BOOBS??? You crack me up!! This is STUNNING!! (and I'm a Disney/Tinkerbell GEEK, so I would know!) Loved reading about your creative process ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Elizabeth, this card is a work of art! It shouted out Tinkerbell to me the minute I saw it! So many beautiful scrumptious layers, and that tutu is to die for! You would have had my vote :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful beautiful card !! Stunning !!

    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!! What a beautiful card!! You are a true artist!!

    Sincerely,

    Marlene B.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is absolutely stunning! All of the amazing little details. . . right down to Tinker's boobs! HAHa! You crack me up! I LOVE everything you create; yes, I stalk your blog. . . everything you do is so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many gorgeous details on this one! I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card makes me happy on about a million different levels. You rocked it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my gosh Elizabeth! lovey this card and the "boobs"! so funny! I need to make a tutu myself now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You definitely have the soul of a fairy or pixie....this is just a fabulous creation....colors, bling, lots of wings....everything! Just loving it!!!

    ReplyDelete