It is time for a color challenge hosted by Hand Stamped Sentiments and this one reminds me of the Ziploc commercial. You remember the one where they would say "yellow and blue make green." To meet this challenge you have to include Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, and Lucky Limeade. My own personal challenge for this card was to create my own miniature subway art to fit a tag. So, I pulled out my Petite Pairs stamp set and my trusty Stamp-a-ma-jig.
Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig is the ONLY way to line up multiple stamp images for perfect placement the first time. A long time ago I used to think I was good enough to eyeball it, but I have to admit I learned better and now I use the tool always!
Here is a rundown of what I did for my tag:
- Stamp the "to make it better" image on a piece of Whisper White card stock.
- Align the imaging sheet in the corner of a Stamp-a-ma-jig and then stamp the "sending a kiss" on the imaging sheet being sure to also keep the stamp lined up in the same corner of the Stamp-a-ma-jig.
- Reink the "sending a kiss" image and set it aside.
- Position the imaging sheet over the "to make it better" and then aligned the Stamp-a-ma-jig on the corner of the imaging sheet and keep it firmly in place.
- Remove the imaging sheet, huff on the reinked "sending a kiss" stamp, align it in the corner and stamp.
- Walla--perfect placement!
Seriously, if you don't have a Stamp-a-ma-jig you need to get one as it will take your hand stamped cards and creations up a whole bunch of notches!