Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Taking Liberty

Happy New Year!  And, a happy new challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  For the two-week challenge we are wanting to see anything made with Primrose Petals, Pool Party, and Basic Black.  Did you know that the brand new More Amore DSP makes this color challenge a piece o' cake.  So, with that in mind you would think this would be an easy challenge for me.  But, no it's not easy when you don't have a stitch of Primrose Petals card stock in your stash!

For my card I am taking a few liberties.  First, I started with a card base of Rose Red which is super close to Primrose Petals.  My second liberty is the use of Basic Grey for Basic Black.  I wrapped my card with a belt of this new totally luscious ribbon from the Spring Occasions Catalog.  It is suppose to be two-toned but I don't see the two tones--just grey.  Anyway my thought was that black was too intense with the ribbon and I wanted to keep a softer look to match the More Amore DSP, so Basic Grey it was :0)




2 comments:

  1. oooh! Your card is so pretty! Love the colors and new items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you added the brad on the ribbon. And I used your idea of the More Amore dsp, though I chose a different pattern. Your card is really sweet. Love it!

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete