Tuesday, December 4, 2012

SPARKLE...

...and boy does this garland shine, glisten, glow, twinkle, sparkle, and make me smile.  I absolutely love how it lends to my mantel decor.  Lately, I am in this "use it up, wear it out, make do, or do without" mood.  With that said I put together this adorable garland to go with my vintage snowmen collection using up a couple things in my stash of craft goodies and my Stampin' Up! supplies.


I had these old chipboard letters that I transformed from a pale aqua color to a bright silver.  I painted each letter with Silver Shimmer Paint and then sprinkled tons of Dazzling Diamonds Glitter on them while the paint was still wet.  Each letter is layered on Very Vanilla 1 3/4" circles and then on Brushed Silver Scalloped Circles.  I am excited that Stampin' Up! will be offering doilies in the Spring Catalog, but for this project I used every old doily I had from my stash.  I crinkled and gathered the centers to give some dimension and interest.  The First Edition DSP pieces are cut from a retired SU! die called Pennant Bigz XL Die.  That die was/is so versatile I can't ever see myself getting rid of it.

The bottom tip of each pennant is adorned with a crumpled layered flower punched from the Boho Blossom Punch.  I used the doily paper, Very Vanilla, and First Edition for these cuties.  Each flower is embellished with a Basic Rhinestone and a bauble.  Remember the Pretties Kit?  These kits are retired, but just recently they were in the SU! Clearance Rack sale.  I pulled my old kit out to "use what I have" to add a jewel finish to each banner.  When I was all done I added lots more Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and let me say it's spectacular in person.

 

I love the neutral tone on tone, monochromatic color combination for my garland.  I once heard this rule to never mix your neutrals, but I am one for breaking rules and there are times when white and ivory work.  This is one of those occasions.  Join us at Hand Stamped Sentiments for our monochromatic color challenge--it's a fun one!  Click over and see what the design team has created.

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous banner! I love the colors, sparkle and bling. I'd love to see photos of your vintage snowman collection too.

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete