Welcome to SeeingInkSpots and our first Saturday special post for Card "Create"tions at Create with Connie and Mary. For today and the next two Saturdays each of the designers on the "Create"tions team will be sharing a party favor featuring the stamp set that they worked with during the week. This past week I designed three gorgeous cards using the Christmas Lodge stamp set. I just love that set because it's a perfectly balanced package of great images. You get two beautiful focal images, a couple small background pieces, and two AMAZING greeting stamps.
For my favor I have made a pretty paper ornament with a simple greeting tag/banner. I think these make great take away gifts for party goers who come to your home or wrap it up and take as a hostess gift to your holiday gatherings. (Don't you just love the upside down First Edition? I was being so careful to keep them all the same direction and then I hot glued the bow on the wrong end! Urgh!!)
I made my honeycomb sphere ornament with 12 Red Glimmer Paper 3 1/2" circles and 12 First Edition 3 1/2" circles. Each circle is first folded in half. Working Red Glimmer then First Edition each half is glued to the next. To make the sphere symmetrical I found it worked best to glue pairs, then glue the pairs to make quarters, then the quarters to make halves and so on.
To create the honeycomb effect the top and bottom of the Red Glimmer sections are hot glued together. Then the middle, or equator, of the First Edition is hot glued together. To give the Cherry Cobbler Tulle Ribbon some volume and shape I sprayed the tied bow with Aqua Net Hair Spray and then sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds glitter all over. To secure the glitter a second coat of the hair spray is needed. Two Way Glue was added to the tag to adhere the glitter and make it extra special.
Want to make one of these pretty paper honeycomb ornaments? Sign up for my Only Ornaments Class November 8th and 9th in San Jose CA.
- EXCLUSIVE card designs to our subscription which won't be shown anywhere else.
- 3 week mini-edition that is all about cards, October 28 - November 17
- Each designer will choose a holiday or winter set each week and make 3 different cards using that one set.
- Total of 45 unique card ideas from 15 different sets.
- Each card set includes a printable supply list with card measurements and photos.
- Perfect for your classes and stamp camps or to make for your own holiday cards!
- AND...as I said about on Saturdays, each designer will be sharing a little 3D favor that matches the holiday or winter set they chose that week.