Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Blue Glass Inspiration


Have you ever created a card or scrapbook page using a photograph as a motivator to help you design something new and fresh?  The beauty of inspiration challenges is the diversity of how/what everybody sees and how they translate that to crafting.

I saw the color first and love aqua tones especially with white.  The second thing I saw was the nine block pattern which would be perfect for an 8 1/2" x 11" page layout.  But, in the end I went WAY literal with this one.  I decorated one of my Mason jars of homemade jam.  Last month I put up 60 pints of pear jam and the jars need a bit of dressing up to be ready to give away as a gift this upcoming season.

I snip and ripped a square of Orchard Harvest Designer Series Fabric and layered it under the Mason jar ring.  A layered "homemade Yum" tag brings the presentation together.  The "Yum" image comes from the Friendship Preserves stamp set.  I added Dazzling Details to the word "Yum" for extra panache.

Be sure to see how all the designers at Hand Stamped Sentiments interpreted the challenge.  Then you go and stamp up something amazing and post it on the site.



http://seeinginkspots.blogspot.com/2012/09/blue-glass-inspiration.html

2 comments:

  1. That looks (literally) so yummy! I love that it's stamped on Crumb Cake, it looks so homespun, but then you added that fabulous glimmer. I canned 30 pints of concord grape jelly from my backyard this month...we should swap a jar! ;) I'd love to try pear! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday I am going to learn to do this, and I know that this is the year have to give away canned treats for the holidays, just so I can make a tag like this! I love that you used the fabric for the lid- so your sending the entire team some, right?! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete