Friday, January 6, 2012

A La Card Monkey #90

I'm doin' a happy dance because I was selected as a "Monkey Princess" for this card over at A La Card Monkey.  I mentioned in an earlier post that one of the perks of winning a challenge is that you get to be a guest designer for a week.  Their challenge this week is a double one.  They have combined a great sketch along with a "new to you" theme.  What's "new to you?"  It is anything new that you have not used before.  

I used two things that were new to me on this card.  One, the Berry Blossoms Designer Series Paper and two, the Hearts Framelits.  Both are super cool.  With the help of the sketch this card came together in a quick jiffy.  Pop on over to A La Card Monkey and make a card using their dual challenge.  


And here is my card

A closer view of the heart


The card base is Lucky Limeade which was embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots folder.  My layer of Berry Blossoms DSP is backed with Ivory Naturals card stock.  If you look closely at the ribbon you'll notice a slight Wisteria Wonder tint.  I did dye the ribbon in Classic ink refill and water.  The heart was cut using the new set of Heart Framelits found in the Occasions Mini Catalog and then I punched two scallop circles to go behind each heat bump.  To give the heart a bit more interest I used the Elegant Lines Embossing Folder along with a little Illuminate Top Coat Smooch Paint in the leaves and circles.  You can see the Smooch Paint better in the top photo of the card.  The greeting comes from one of my all-time favorite stamp sets called Short and Sweet.

Happy card challenge craftin, Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. Love the layout and texture on your card - the heart framelits are next on my things to play with and love the tip of the scallop punch for the edging - too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous! The embossing is brilliant. The colors you've chosen are wonderful. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl!!

    I forgot to come by and tell you how much I loved this card. I love the paper with the heart! You are super talented! I am glad you love your owl!! I did not want to tell you she was on her way so that you got a big suprise!! Thanks for being a Sweety!!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete