It has been on hiatus for several weeks, but Fabric Fridays are hear again. From the week before Thanksgiving until just a few days prior to Christmas my work is ultra hectic. Work is so crazy that if my head were not attached I would have misplaced it because I know I lost my mind! Now that things have returned to a more normal pace I can say "Welcome back to Fabric Friday."
I put ten of these ornaments together using the Candy Cane Designer Series Fabric, the Fabric Adhesive Roll, the Snowflake Bigz Die, and the largest Scallop Circle Bigz Die.
Here's what you do:
1. Cut a piece of the Fabric Adhesive Roll to fit a piece of Candy Cane fabric. Iron the two together on the wrong side of the fabric.
2. Run the adhesive backed fabric through the Big Shot using the Snowflake Bigz Die.
3. Cut three large scallop circles through the Big Shot. One of plain white fabric, one from a contrasting pattern of the Candy Cane, and one from wool felt.
4. Iron the snowflake to the white scallop fabric circle.
5. Layer the snowflake/white scallop on top of the wool felt and then layer those on the contrasting scallop. Pin all three layers together.
6. Cut an 8" piece of ribbon, fold it in half, tuck in between layers, and pin in place.
7. Using a contrasting thread stitch the ornament together using a 3/4" top stitch seam allowance.
8. Tie a second ribbon around the looped ribbon.
9. Hot glue a button to the center of the snowflake and then adhere a rhinestone to the button.
Merry Christmas craftin, Elizabeth