Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Simple Scaredy Cat

Sometimes simplicity is so effective.  I love the ease of this card's layout, but look close and check out the details.  First, I inked up the Spider Web embossing folder with Basic Gray ink before I ran it through the Big Shot.  I think that touch adds a fun dimension.  I also just barely sponged the edges of the focal point to bring out the aged appearance.

Now I also have to share a secret.  I rarely clean my stamps.  I was planning to just stamp the cat.  So, I inked it up with a marker, huffed, and then stamped.  To my surprise I also got the words, but lighter.  I thought it was cool so I kept it.


Take a look at Shirley's Monster Mash
blog hop, or play along and add your hand made Halloween work of art.


Happy craftin, Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. COOL!!! Love your card and the technique's. I don't always clean my stamps either! We need to name that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! You almost gave me a heart attack when you said you don't clean your stamps. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love the how simple and cute this card is. You are right simplicity is just the way to go sometimes... and yet like your card it is still charming!! I did not get my commnet her the week of this hop because I just could not leave comment for some reason... I blame it on Blogger!! Thank you for doing some many of the Hops with me, you are one talented girl!!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete