Thursday, December 11, 2008

Countin' Down 'til the Big Day


I picked up a piece of sheet metal from Orchard Supply Hardware to make my Christmas Countdown advent calendar. The countdown kit comes from Stampin' Up!'s Home Decor line and pictured is the small size. The sheet metal came 24" x 24".  I asked my husband to cut it down to 18" x 24". He was gettin' in to the whole project because then he took a brillo pad to rub swirls into the sheet metal. After he fixed the sheet metal in an old frame we had layin' around. Would you believe he even helped add the decor element? I have included magnets on the back of each number.

Here is the really sad part of the whole calendar. I have to check my email for the daily Brighton ads to see if I am current on my advent calendar. There ads have a reminder as to how many days are left until Christmas. 

By the way there are 14 days left 'til the big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment