Thursday, October 4, 2012

Dusting Off the Christmas Lodge

\Another inspiring sketch challenge is live over at Create with Connie and Mary.  This sketch is one that really got my juices flowing.  Mine just happened to flow in a portrait styled orientation rather than a landscape, but that's okay.

It has been since last year that I stamped with the Christmas Lodge stamp set.  I pulled the set out from the bottom of my stack of stamps knowing that the pine tree would be the perfect image for this sketch.  To complete the challenge I cut strips from the Festival of Prints Designer Series Paper Stack.


9 comments:

  1. Lovely card! We have this set in our UK catalogue now, so excited that we finally get to have it as I've seen some awesome cards made with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you turned the sketch - It is PERFECT for a large image. I just love the tree on the newsprint and the banners poking off the edge! I will be casing for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you turned the sketch! And I love the look of stamping right on top of the Newsprint! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! Pretty! I love that you turned the sketch.
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you flipped the sketch! Great DSP choices. Great working with you on Create!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Card!! Love the layout and how you turned it around!!

    Hugs
    Shirley Pumpkin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that sketch and what you did with it! Like you - or I guess I'm alone now - I haven't inked up Frostwood Lodge since last year. Yikes! I dig those banners!

    Hugs,

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely! The tree stamped on the newsprint looks fantastic. What a great Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the banner going across the tree...and it stamped on newsprint! Clever. Wonderful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete