Sunday, November 8, 2020

Christmas Cards in a A Bright Palette



While I love the classic colors of Christmas and even more their meanings.  There are times though when I just want to break the mold and go with a bright palette of colors to create Christmas cards that bring a smile to my face.

This trio of cards are created in a palette of Granny Apple Green, Magenta Madness, Shaded Spruce, Bermuda Bay, and Poppy Parade.  The stamps I have used are all from the Peace and Joy Stamp Set and the Joy Dies that match they set. 

For this first card I used a sponge roller to add color to a Thick Whisper White card base.


Here's a top view of this card.  You can get a good look at how I carried the design work over the fold and onto the back.


While looking for some inspiration I came across an add that I cased to make this merry and bright card.  I did all my stampin' before I embossed with the Dainty Diamonds Folder.  To cut the word "merry" I pulled out my Playful Alphabet Dies and Green Foil.  I love the way the three green tones on this card clash.



For this last card I started with a hand painted background.  I used the widest of the Watercolor Brushes to dry brush stripes of ink.  My colors are Granny Apple, Bermuda Bay, Magenta Madness, and Poppy Parade.  When I painted the stripes I used a very tiny amount of water and went one direction only, from top to bottom, to get the wispy look.

Follow the pictures below for a look at how I created the peace and joy focal point.  1.  Die cut the "peace" and "joy" to make a stencil.  2.  Position the stencil on the dried painted background.  3.  Use a spackle knife to add Sparkling Shimmer Paste on the background piece.  4.  Remove the stencil and gently tap the skinny version of the "peace" and "joy" into the paste.  5.  Add a second set of Red Foil "peace" and "joy" on the white.  6.  Finish the card.


Here's a close up look at my finished card.  If you look close you will see a carefully inked up the star images to match the background. 


Have a bright and happy day.  Enjoy the hop!

to Julie



3 comments:

  1. bravo j'aime beaucoup le travail des couleurs

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so much fun! I love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! These are so much fun! They are all the things--bright, cheery, energetic, creative. I keep looking at them to catch all the details. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete