Thursday, July 25, 2019

Fancy Friday In Color



This year the new 2019-2021 In Colors added to Stampin' Up!'s palette are fantastic -- I love each of them!   

 

Recently I have shared quite a few posts featuring Purple Posy and I do gravitate to that color for creating. Another color that has my caught my eye and is currently spread all over my stamp table is Pretty Peacock. I've combined this new teal jewel tone with Old Olive, Mint Macaron, and Pool Party for an analogous quartet which is my kind of color yumminess.


With help from the 2019-2021 In Color Designer Series Papers I layered up both circular and geometrical layers to showcase the two-toned hydrangea blossoms, vellum leaves, silver berries, and shimmering embossed greeting.  I love how the In Color Faceted Dots repeat the circle of the large Stitched Shape layer.  Use of repetition is a designers best friend.


For my monthly stamp class I wanted to make an interactive card.  I had this idea of using the largest die in the Stitched Nesting set to make the main cut that is needed for a Pop Up Slider card. It had been quite a few years since I had made a pop up slider card that I had to look up how to construct one.  But once I put it all together I loved the ease of using a die for this technique.


Inside I have added a Stitched Rectangle Shape panel of Whisper White.  Visually it adds beauty with the floral images, but the card front is so heavy with all of it's layers that the card back needed more physical weight for counter balance.


Do you want to know how to make this pop up slider card?  Learn all the creative cuts using the Stitched Nesting Dies and then stamp along with me using the Beautiful Friendship Stamp Set.  Join me LIVE on Facebook Tuesday, June 30 @ 1:00 p.m. PST.  All supplies and cutting measurements will be listed here on my blog and my Seeinginkspots Facebook page -- details coming soon.


It has been fun having you visit my blog today.  Your next stop is with the stampin' wonder of world Lauren Alarid!  I am curious to see what In Color(s) she chooses.  I am going to guess Pretty Peacock and/or Seaside Spray.


Product List
Beautiful Friendship Stamp Set | Stitched Nesting Dies | Stitched Rectangle Dies
Pretty Peacock, Mint Macaron, Old Olive, and Whisper White Cardstocks
Perennial Essence Vellum | 2019-2021 In Color Designer Series Papers | Silver Glimmer Paper
Pretty Peacock, Mint Macaron, Pool Party, and Versamark Inks
Subtle 3D Embossing Folder | Leaf Punch | Frosted Florals Dies | In Color Faceted Dots
Clear Embossing Powder | Dazzling Diamonds Glitter | Stamparatus | Heat Tool
Magnolia Lane Combo Ribbon Pack | Mint Macaron 1/4" Textile Ribbon

3 comments:

  1. I like how you combine the colors on the card and the flowers and the background and the many details! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the tag card is stunning, but, so sad as it's July & I missed the F.B class! any other way I can watch this class? Thx......Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, I love everything you create! I wish I could watch your FB live event, but I have to work. I hope I can catch it later!

    ReplyDelete