Thursday, January 24, 2019

Fancy Friday is Sale-a-Brating



Welcome to another Fancy Friday Blog Hop.  This month we are all sharing a Sale-A-Bration themed card or project.  I chose to show you my project using a card kit.  The Precious Parcel Card Kit is one of the free selections you can earn with a $50 purchase during Jan., Feb. and March.  I love all the vintage and delicate details that come in the kit.  


I made my own pattern to make a "foldout photo folio" made of layered cardstock pieces.  To go with the kit I added in some Grey Granite and Whisper White cardstocks to make my foldout pages. I also included some embossing using the Lace Dynamic TIEF which I think fits the look and style of the card kit perfectly.

Here is a look at the folio tied shut with Powder Pink 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon.


When you untie the ribbon here is what you see.  I fussy cut one of each of the card kit inserts as focal/anchor points for the top and bottom flaps.  To the fussy cut pieces I added lots of leaves and berries cut from the Wonderful Floral Framelits.


I love how this striped airmail envelope from the under/bottom layer peeks through when the top flap is closed.  When the top flap is lifted you get to see another beautiful montage of florals and leaves.

To create a more polished look for all of the flaps I used the Gift Bag Punch Board to round and angle cut all of the corners.


This view is with both the top and bottom flaps open.  It's tricky to tell the colors of the bottom set of photo mat layers.  The main layer with the twine bow and pink leaves is actually Gold Foil.


View when opening the left panel.


View with both the left and the right panels open.


Each of the mail box panels do open (not shown) and have inserts embellished with paper clips, postage stamps, and Gold Glimmer flowers with Basic Pearl centers.

In total I used not quite half of the kit for my project.  With one kit you can make two folios and a few extra mail box cards with envelopes.

Be sure to catch my Facebook Live video with measurements and assembly instructions on Tuesday, January 29th at 1:00 p.m. PST.



Charlet Mallett is up next and she is surely going to spark your imagination with her unique and clever creations.  Let me end by saying "thanks for stopping by and Happy Sale-a-Bration!"


Product List
Precious Parcel Card Kit | Wonderful Floral Framelits | Gift Bag Punch Board | Simply Scored Rectangle Stitched Framelits | Well Written Thinlits | Lace Dynamic TIEF
Gray Granite, Whisper White, Old Olive, Petal Pink, and Pool Party Cardstocks
Gold Foil | Gold Glimmer Paper | Powder Pink 3/8" Mini Ruffled Ribbon
Basic Pearls | Stampin' Dimensionals


7 comments:

  1. Somehow I knew you would pick this product! It's totally you and perfect in every way. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such an amazing talent for these gorgeous 3D items! I’m completely blown away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am truly and completely speechless! How on earth can I come up with the words to describe how unbelievably gorgeous this is? Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I wasn't sure about this paper kit, but after seeing your awesome project, it definitely changed my mind! Look forward to the tutorial of your beautiful project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so in love with your project! This is my absolute favorite! Just so wonderful and genius!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh this is so beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete