Friday, March 9, 2018

#TGIF150

Ae you ready for it?  The latest sketch challenge #TGIF150 is up and it's awesome.
For this one I went in a way different direction than where I typically head when I am stampin'.  For one, I forgot to ink up for this one.  It's all about the Big Shot and Thinlits for this card.
Instead of cutting the Happy Birthday Thinlit Die in pink and layering it on top of the black and white DSP I went for the negative and cut out the greeting and backed the Petal Passion DSP with a solid panel of Melon Mambo.  This idea was simple and easy in my mind but when I went to do it, it took way longer than I was planning.  You see I had to glue all the negative bits and pieces back into place to make the greeting legible.
Once the pieces were all reassembled I added Dazzling Diamonds Glitter to help "pop" the happy birthday.  Two Vellum Cardstock butterflies, Basic Rhinestones, and Solid Black Bakers Twine finish up the details of my card.

No comments:

Post a Comment