Friday, March 2, 2018

Going Green #TGIF149


Join along with a color challenge that is perfect for those who love celebrating St. Patrick's Day.  This combo of Lemon Lime Twist, Emerald Envy, and Gold at #TGIF149 is all about going green.
This mix of colors was screaming out to me "watercolor!"  So, I did just that and watercolored a background on Watercolor Paper with both greens and a tiny bit of black.  Because I was going for an ombre effect I wanted something just a bit deeper than the Emerald Envy so I dotted drops of Tuxedo Memento Black ink into the wash of greens.  If you look close you will see hints of black in the lower quarter.
To stamp the "are simply amazing" images I used the Stamparatus to get the placement and ink coverage just right.  My finishing touches include a few strips of Tutti Frutti DSP, the 2016-2018 In Color Acrylic Shapes, Black Solid Bakers Twine, and Black Rhinestone Jewels (Holiday Catalog).

No comments:

Post a Comment